|September 23, 2016|
Five-hour closure needed for overheFad bridge demolition in Luzerne County.
The closure is necessary to protect travelers and workers during a bridge demolition. The bridge, which carries Wyoming Avenue over the Turnpike and crosses I-476 at milepost A116 in Luzerne County, will be permanently removed.
On Sept. 24, the northbound right lane will close at 1 p.m. and the southbound right lane will close at 2 p.m. for workers to begin preparing for the closure on Sept. 25. These single-lane patterns will remain in effect until 9 a.m. on Sept. 25.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted interchanges to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours.
Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
Exit at the Clarks Summit Interchange, Exit 131. Take Interstate 81 south to Exit 175A and follow State Route 315 south. Renter the PA Turnpike at the Wyoming Valley Interchange, Exit 115.
Exit at the Wyoming Valley Interchange, Exit 115. Take State Route 315 north to Interstate 81 north.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, inactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
Phone: 610.313.6383 / 267.326.3856