|September 12, 2016|
Express E-ZPass Lane Closures Scheduled at Mid-County Interchange
The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises motorists traveling on Interstate 276, to be prepared for slow-moving or stopped traffic approaching the Mid-County Interchange, Exit #20, in Montgomery County on Sept. 13 and 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. as work is being performed on the electronic toll equipment in the Express E-ZPass lanes. Only E-ZPass customers use these lanes which allow travel at highway speeds.
On Sept. 13, crews will close the Express E-ZPass lanes to traffic entering the Mid-County Interchange, but customers can still use the conventional E-ZPass lanes to the right of the interchange.
On Sept. 14, crews will close the Express E-ZPass lanes to traffic exiting the Mid-County Interchange, but customers can still pay electronically using the conventional E-ZPass lanes to the right of the interchange.
Motorists should be aware that the conventional E-ZPass lanes have a speed limit of 5 mph. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, inactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap