Pennsylvania Turnpike Closing July 31 Between Allegheny Valley and Butler Valley Exits
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) alerts motorists traveling westbound between the Allegheny Valley Interchange, Exit #48, and the Butler Valley Interchange, Exit #39, that the roadway will be closed for five hours overnight on July 31. The closure is scheduled to occur between midnight and 5 a.m. when crews will repair the roadway near milepost 44.7.
Drivers should use the following suggested detour:
WESTBOUND TRAFFIC Exiting at Allegheny Valley Interchange
Follow Freeport Road south (0.7 miles)
Alternate-route cards will be available to travelers exiting at the Allegheny Valley Interchange during the closure. Expect higher traffic volumes on detour roads during this time. Message boards will be in place to inform customers of the closure and Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) broadcasts on station 1640 AM also are being used to inform travelers.
This road work will occur in an active construction zone between mileposts 44 and 48. For more information on the project please visit http://www.mp40-48construction.com.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via a mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, inactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
MEDIA CONTACT: Renee Colborn, (717) 831-7507