Turnpike to Hold ‘Take-A-Break’ Safety Expo
Thursday at the Blue Mountain Rest Stop
HARRISBURG, PA. (Aug. 26, 2003) — The Pennsylvania Turnpike will
host a “Take-A-Break” safety event Aug. 28 from 10 a.m.
to 2 p.m. at the Blue Mountain Service Plaza. All are invited to attend
this event, which is geared to remind Labor Day travelers of the importance
of safety and to explain some of the safety features along the Pennsylvania
Among the attractions offered in and around the white safety tent:
• Local fire and ambulance companies will exhibit rescue vehicles.
• Emergency medical personnel will provide free blood-pressure
• E-ZPass representatives will have giveaways for those who sign
• State Police will offer child safety seat inspections and seatbelt
• Safety officials will provide free safety and travel information.
• A tractor-trailer called the “No-Zone Truck” will
be on-site, allowing motorists to climb aboard and see first-hand the
blind spots in a truck’s rearview mirrors.
• Free beverage coupons (compliments of plaza operator HMS Host)
will be handed out.
• Maintenance staff will demonstrate high-tech devices used to
communicate to motorists.
• Toll-collection personnel will be available to discuss safety
tips for driving in an interchange, to answer questions and hand out
• Authorized road service providers will exhibit tow and recovery
All westbound travelers are invited to take a fun, educational safety
break on Thursday at the Turnpike’s Blue Mountain Plaza located
24 miles west of the Carlisle Interchange (#226) in Hopewell Township,